Home News Asbestos exposure has led to the death of former Rolls-Royce electrician

Asbestos exposure has led to the death of former Rolls-Royce electrician

Gordon Clifford, former electrician at Rolls-Royce in Derby died after being exposed to asbestos during his time working there.

Gordon started as an apprentice and worked there for six years before spending two years in the army. He then returned to work for Rolls-Royce for a further eight years before he bought a newsagents which he ran with his wife for 30 years.

Mr Clifford’s colleague also states that he is certain that Gordon would have been exposed to deadly asbestos dust whilst working at Rolls-Royce.

Dr Andrew Hitchcock, who carried out the post-mortem examination on Mr Clifford, said he discovered “extensive” malignant mesothelioma in the 82-year-old’s lungs. Tests found extensive evidence of asbestos fibres and identified that his primary cancer was malignant mesothelioma with a secondary tumour in the thyroid.

There are countless asbestos related fatalities in the UK every year, which is why it is now a legal requirement for non domestic property to have an asbestos survey in place.

Asbestos exposure has led to the death of former Rolls-Royce electrician
2015-10-14T09:36:41+00:00
R B Absestos